For all students uniform is an important feature of the school.
- Navy-blue blazer with school logo and house badge. The school will provide a free iron on badge. However, a parent/carer can choose to buy a pin badge from school if they would prefer.
- Tailored, light-blue shirt with collar and a school tie or tailored, light-blue, fitted blouse with open neck.
- Ties must be worn correctly with at least six white stripes showing. The top button of the shirt needs to be done up.
- Mid-grey, waist-fitted, tailored trousers (no chinos, jeggings, cargo trousers or jeans). Any belts should be plain black with a normal and discreet buckle and essential to the fit of the clothing. Trousers should be worn correctly. Students can choose to wear the school kilt (see below) instead of trousers.
- Black, navy, grey or white socks that must be worn below the knee
- Black, navy or grey tights.
- Smart, flat, formal black shoes, (no boots, trainers or canvas shoes)
- School rucksack with school logo (different styles are available at Intersport).
Lack of equipment in lessons hinders independent learning. The minimum equipment required is:
- 2 black pens [public examinations only allow black, so getting into the habit of having black pen is vital]
- 1 green pen
- 2 pencils
- 15/30cm ruler
- Reading book
* It is noted that the Mathematics Department recommend purchasing a Casio Scientific calculator, as this model has functions that will be used when studying GCSE Mathematics in KS4.
This list is not exhaustive and from time to time these criteria are open to interpretation. It will be for the Assistant Headteacher for either KS3 or KS4 to determine acceptability.